Of Course I am critical of it!
But one of my friend resorted to their help..and to my amazement according to her astrologer could tell many things which were true regarding her life.. Like first thing he spoke was that she was facing financial problem... Which was true!!.. Finance was the biggest problem she was facing at that time!!
I mean what is this?Well, I think they give generalized statements which is true to some extent for everybody, besides making smart guess..isn't it??
Or something is substantial?
It's pure rubbish. The concept that the star shapes affect your life is based on shapes appearing
to be animals or such. But
1) The timing of when specific constellations are overhead on your birthday has been thrown off by
centuries since the list was created. So signs are one or two signs moved over from where they used
to be. But people keep using the original alignments. How can you be getting the fortunes of the
scorpio of that's not actually what was overhead when you were born in modern times?
2) There is no real explanation or justification why specific star shapes are attributed specific
descriptors. Why are Scorpions one thing and Aries another? Someone just made it all up.
3) Shapes which appear to be an animal from earth's perspective are actually just stars wildly
scattered about. So one dot may be 10 times further away than another dot, proving it really isn't
making the shape seen at all.
4) Even the labelling and descriptors of simple constellations are suspect. 5 dots might be a
hunter, or they might be, oh, just about ANYTHING else. Some random person long dead just said it
was a hunter and somehow it stuck forever.
5) And the obvious - you can make any prediction so general that lots of people can think it applies
6) And then there are separate sets of astrology. Why is the middle eastern Zodiac right or wrong
compared to the Chinese'?